Happy


Finally come to the conclusion, I've had the lightbulb moment, it was like a flash of lightening, it dawned on me....in the grand scheme, 'things' don't matter.


I am well, I am getting fitter, I have my family all living under the same roof, I'm doing a job I love with wonderful people and I have been given the all clear from my consultant.

It's the simple things in life which make a difference.

Losing a pound in weight (or none at all as long as it isn't a gain!), getting out in the fresh air and achieving 10,000 steps, taking a brilliant photo, engaging with new people in twitter or via the blog. It's these things I have learnt to enjoy and appreciate while I was getting well.


And do you know what? I am happy, I am deep down inside content. Yes, okay, winning the lottery would be fantastic, getting someone to decorate my house and sort out all the crap would be amazing. But I'm happy with my life and that feels amazing!

So I'm formally putting that chapter of my life to bed, the last few months of illness, operations and recuperating. It was something I survived, it's something my family got through and I am a better and happier person because of it.

You are who you are because of how you deal with things in your life and what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

I'm happy, who cares about the rest?




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely positive post. I'm sure all your readers are happy for you!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete