School Reunion

Tonight is my high school reunion, 25 years since we all left school after the 5th year (none of this year 11 for us!) and 'O' levels or GCSE's


A lot of people I won't have seen since then either. I'm just not good at keeping in touch. It's not that I don't want to, I like to think I'm a sociable person, but life takes over and there are never enough hours in the day!


But Facebook is brilliant for keeping in touch even though its just at that 'top' layer. In fact its been through Facebook this whole party has been organised. I'm looking forward to it, it feels as though the last year (which is how long its taken to arrange) has flown by! I'm scared, but am sure everyone else will be feeling a little bit nervous too! 

Some people have registered surprise when I've told them I'm going 


'Oh no! They are full of people comparing who's got the biggest car, biggest house, earns the most money or which kids are at the best university's' 


Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be a bit of that.


But I'm hoping it will be a celebration, a get together of people who spent at least five years growing up together and see where we all ended up. For me it isn't about who earns the most money, or has the biggest car. It's about getting to know these new and wonderful people, it's about understand where their journey has taken them. It's learning about events which have made them who they are today.


It's a celebration of no matter what life has thrown at us, we are still here. And we are who we are because of, or in some cases in spite of, those experiences.


So bring it on! Let the stories and new found friendships begin! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you gave had a great night on the reunion. I love things like that as well. Our 20 years will be next year, let's hope something is arranged.

    ReplyDelete