I liked it so much I did it again .... One year on

It was a year ago today I had a hysterectomy for uterine cancer and I published 'At the of the Day', a light hearted post listing the experiences I could be looking forward to. Take a look here for a read.

And it's not been a bad year. The only real fly in the ointment has been the kidney cancer, but looking on the bright side, at least I knew what to expect (bit like when you have your second baby)

One major advantage of having my spare bits and pieces removed has been HRT. I really wasn't looking forward to it, I've no idea why, I just wasn't. But for me, it's been amazing! My skin has been clearer than its ever been, I've got energy and no nasty mood swings. If I start to feel a bit off, back to the doctors and get the medication checked or changed. On HRT I control the hormones, not the other way around.

I can report from last years list, everything else was also ticked off. I must have enjoyed them too much though as I did it all over again three weeks ago with #TedtheTumours removal

So yes, things have changed and moved on but life's ok. I get #tedthetumour biopsy results on the 24th of April. Let's hope and pray I can say this time next year something similar, that everything is ok

Ps @JaneofAustralia suggested a new twitter hash tag to replace #tedthetumour. Do you like #lifeafterted ?

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love #lifeafterted its positive which is just you!

    ReplyDelete